- The Anticancer Lifestyle Program Awarded Nutrition Accreditation
- Rediscover the Authentic Magic Bag: A Comforting, Therapeutic Classic
- Winter Thriving
- Warming Winter Entrées
- Before a Lump Develops
- Learn to Cook Healthy & Holistic Food
- Birthday Crepe Cake
- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
Zesty Blueberry Granola Bars
Makes 10 Bars
Freeze: 2 months
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
¼ cup virgin coconut oil
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup almond butter
2 cups rolled oats
½ cup oat flour (spelt or brown rice)
¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
¼ cup raw walnut pieces
2 Tbsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8- × 8-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil by placing it in a small pot on the stove top over medium-low heat until it liquefies. Remove it from the heat and stir in the maple syrup and almond butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and add the coconut oil and maple syrup mixture. Make sure the coconut oil and maple syrup is only lukewarm so that it doesn’t cook the eggs.
- Combine the oats, oat flour, sunflower seeds, walnut pieces, lemon zest, and ground flaxseeds. Then fold this into the liquid ingredients, adding the blueberries. Mix well with a spoon. You may want to use your hands to help the sticky granola dough form.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared pan, using your hands to spread and press it down evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the slab is firm and slightly brown on top.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes. Carefully lift the edges of the parchment paper to take the slab out of the pan. Then slice into bars.
- You can store the granola bars in a container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Excerpted from “The Living Kitchen” by Tamara Green & Sarah Grossman. Copyright © 2019 Tamara Green & Sarah Grossman. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Are the shorter days and colder weather leaving you feeling...
- Posted November 1, 2020
The Anticancer Lifestyle Program Awarded Nutrition Accreditation
The Anticancer Lifestyle Program (ACLP) has been welcomed as an...
- Posted November 13, 2020
Rediscover the Authentic Magic Bag: A Comforting, Therapeutic Classic
Seeking relief from all these months of uncertainty? Looking to...
- Posted November 3, 2020
Warming Winter Entrées
The rich flavours of browned beef only get better when...
- Posted November 1, 2020
Before a Lump Develops
The statistics today are alarming: one in eight women will...
- Posted October 25, 2020
Learn to Cook Healthy & Holistic Food
Holistic Culinary Program now offered by CSNN Toronto East Branch...
- Posted August 31, 2020
Birthday Crepe Cake
Add a little Flourish to your next birthday with this...
- Posted July 16, 2020