- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
- Psst. Juicy Juicing Secrets
- Finding peace in nature during the COVID-19 Social Distancing
- 6 Herbs and Foods for Gentle Detox
- How Not to Get Sick This Winter
- Winter Deluge Health Survival
- Looking at CBD for your Dog
- KLIIN Creates a Splash!
- Start a Fitness Journey with Health Conditions
Women’s Health: Tips for Moms to Live Longer
(NC)— Heart disease and stroke is a leading cause of death for women in Canada, but most don't know it. The good news is that women can reduce their risk by as much as 80 per cent by making lifestyle changes, says the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
This Mother's Day, here's what mom can do to put herself first and protect her heart to make health last:
• Stay tobacco free or quit smoking—while smoking is an addiction and quitting may be difficult, with help and a plan, it may become easier.
• Exercising: a minimum of three sessions of weight-bearing exercise plus 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous-intensity aerobic activity – in minimum of 10-minute increments – each week.
• Eating right: Seven to eight servings of vegetables and fruit each day, plus limited consumption of sodium and saturated and trans fats, , puts women on the right track.
• Reduce stress by taking the time to relax, unwind and enjoy simple pleasures.
Taking the Know Your Risk quiz online at thehearttruth.ca/quiz will also give her valuable information.