- Cloudy with a Chance of Blurry Vision
- Experience Forest Bathing at Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain
- Sipahh Flavored Straw Turns Compostable
- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- Identifying Lingering Balance Issues as a Result of a Brain Injury
- Baked Blueberry Banana Porridge
- The Future of Tech Devices & Healthy Shopping
- Cutting Carbs at Breakfast Can Jumpstart Weight-Loss
- Zesty Blueberry Granola Bars
- Stopping Ticks in Their Tracks
- 100 Beautiful Things
- The Triple Jump of Detoxification
- Pesto Vegetable Quiche
- A Fresh Take on Canada’s Food Guide
- The Top Tips about Dental Treatment You Should Know
Garcinia Cambogia for Weight Loss
Does garcinia cambogia fruit aid weight loss? Research leader Himalaya says yes, scientifically proven.
Garcinia cambogia, a tropical fruit also known as the Malabar tamarind, has become a popular weight loss supplement in recent years. However, Himalaya Herbal Healthcare has been utilizing garcinia cambogia in its formulas for over 60 years, so the news that garcinia is an effective herb at reducing cravings and controlling appetite is not news to them. Himalaya’s USDA organic garcinia cambogia not only works, but they have human clinical trials to back their claims.
Himalaya garcinia is organically grown in the native habitat of the evergreen forests of India where it has been naturally harvested and grown for hundreds of years. Himalaya garcinia is grown without the use of pesticides or herbicides and extracted using a patented process that allows them to retain the full symphony and proportion of the plant constituents and co-factors. Himalaya does this by keeping the extraction method the same as traditional practices, by using water, resulting in a clean, pure, extract free of solvents.
Utilizing a patent pending process, Himalaya binds their garcinia in a caplet form using components of the plant itself. This revolutionary process not only provides the whole herb, but also makes it the only USDA certified garcinia on the market in a capsule or tablet form.
The Three Roles of Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA)
An important constituent of garcinia cambogia is hydroxycitric acid (HCA). HCA has been shown to play three key roles that may lead to the promotion of fat loss and weight management.
1) HCA reduces the conversion of blood sugar to fat by inhibiting ATP citrate lyase, an enzyme that converts blood sugars into fatty acids such as cholesterol and triglycerides, thus supporting the body’s lipid profile.
2) HCA redirects incoming food and stored fat into glycogen. Glycogen is the body’s instant form of energy and does not spike blood sugar levels. Glycogen also signals satiety and increases vitality.
3) Lastly, HCA also increases levels of satiety, which reduces appetite and cravings.
Himalaya recognizes that HCA is an important component and have dedicated a significant portion of their Garcinia formula to contain HCA extracted at 65%. However, in addition to HCA, Himalaya recognizes the significance of all plant elements and includes these in the formula as well. Consisting of the whole herb containing fruit, fruit rind and leaf powder, the formulation of Himalaya Garcinia makes use of the entire fingerprint of the plant. This is important because there are constituents and co-factors in the whole herb that are necessary to provide the positive health benefits people have experienced from the traditional use of garcinia.
Integrating Traditional Medicine and Modern Science
Many companies will make claims about the efficacy of their products using borrowed research to validate them. Himalaya validates the safety and efficacy of their products through human clinical trials on the actual finished product purchaseable in store at the dosage suggested on the label. Double blind placebo controlled studies on Himalaya Garcinia have shown taking one caplet twice daily post meals can increase feelings of satiety and fullness, reduce occasions of overeating, help maintain a natural body weight, and help promote healthy cholesterol and lipid levels. For example, one four month clinical trial showed that Garcinia was able to reduce BMI by 31.3% with no toxicity or adverse reactions observed in the patients.
Integrating the principles of traditional medicine and modern science, Himalaya is a worldwide pioneer in the field of scientifically validated herbal health care. Our reputation is for clinically studied, pure, and safe herbal health care products that are based on extensive scientific validation and stringent quality controls. Integrating the principles of traditional medicine and modern science, Himalaya is a worldwide pioneer in the field of scientifically validated herbal health care.
Find Himalaya's Garcinia Cambogia at health food stores across Canada and internationally.
Nadine Nellissen has been interested in wholistic health since her involvement in sports at an early age. It was from an athletic viewpoint she realized the important connection between physical exercise, diet and emotional health. Nadine’s academic journey started first with Holistic Nutrition. Her drive continues as she explores, challenges and grows from a passionate understanding of the combined powerful benefits of alternative health.