- The Anticancer Lifestyle Program Awarded Nutrition Accreditation
- Rediscover the Authentic Magic Bag: A Comforting, Therapeutic Classic
- Winter Thriving
- Warming Winter Entrées
- Before a Lump Develops
- Learn to Cook Healthy & Holistic Food
- Birthday Crepe Cake
- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
Virgin Piña Colada
Pineapple and coconut pair up in a frozen mocktail that will bring a smile to your face while supporting healthy bones, teeth and gums.
• Tall cup
1 can (14 oz/400 mL) full-fat coconut milk, chilled
2⁄3 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
6 ice cubes
1 tsp rum extract or almond extract
1. Using a spoon, carefully remove the thick layer of coagulated cream from the top of the can of coconut milk and transfer to a bowl. Measure out 2 tbsp (30 mL) cream and add to the tall cup. Measure 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) of the remaining coconut milk and set aside. Reserve extra coconut cream and coconut milk for another use.
2. Add pineapple, coconut, ice cubes, reserved coconut milk and rum extract to the coconut cream in the tall cup. Twist the extractor blade onto the cup to seal. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
Chill the can of coconut milk thoroughly and avoid shaking before opening to avoid mixing the cream with the milk. Any remaining coconut milk can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 6 months for use in other recipes. Add a colorful paper cocktail umbrella to each drink for a festive flair.
Makes 1 serving
Courtesy of 175 Best Superfood Blender Recipes Using Your Nutribulletby Marilyn Haugen & Doug Cook© 2016 www.robertrose.ca
Available where books are sold. Image credit: Colin Erricson
Are the shorter days and colder weather leaving you feeling...
- Posted November 1, 2020
The Anticancer Lifestyle Program Awarded Nutrition Accreditation
The Anticancer Lifestyle Program (ACLP) has been welcomed as an...
- Posted November 13, 2020
Rediscover the Authentic Magic Bag: A Comforting, Therapeutic Classic
Seeking relief from all these months of uncertainty? Looking to...
- Posted November 3, 2020
Warming Winter Entrées
The rich flavours of browned beef only get better when...
- Posted November 1, 2020
Before a Lump Develops
The statistics today are alarming: one in eight women will...
- Posted October 25, 2020
Learn to Cook Healthy & Holistic Food
Holistic Culinary Program now offered by CSNN Toronto East Branch...
- Posted August 31, 2020
Birthday Crepe Cake
Add a little Flourish to your next birthday with this...
- Posted July 16, 2020