- Going the Extra Mile
- Increase Athletic Performance with Ubiquinol and NADH
- 7 Things I Wish I knew When I Started Running
- Giving Kids a Back to School Boost
- This Kitchen is for Dancing
- Vegan Marinara Meatballs
- Cauliflower Turmeric Soup
- Green Coconut Curry
- Harvest Yourself a “TEA”RRIFICALLY Healthy Autumn
- Omega-3 Nutracleanse® Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Optimizing The Gut – Brain – Heart Connection
- You Are What Your Grandparents Ate
- Weight Goals with Sue Galluzo
- Eat to Beat Inflammation
- A Better Butter Chicken
Vegetarian Lasagne with NutraCleanse™
This yummy, healthy version of lasagne is perfect to make ahead of time and then pop in the oven for a family-friendly dinner. The flax in the NutraCleanse™ acts as a binder, helping to create a more solid lasagne, because veggies tend to lose a lot of liquid while cooking. It also provides a healthy dose of essential omega fatty acids to the meal.
- 12 whole grain lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- One 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- Handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- One 15-ounce container cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons NutraCleanse™ stirred into 6 tablespoons water
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil then cook lasagna noodles until el dente (still firm, but cooked), adding a couple teaspoons of olive oil to the water so the noodles don’t stick together.
- 2. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly oil a 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish.
- 3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet with tall sides over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally until translucent, for about 3 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, mushrooms, zucchini, squash, and a pinch of salt then cook, stirring occasionally until softened but still retaining some crunch. (About 5 to 8 minutes.)
- 4. Stir in the roasted red peppers and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a low simmer and cook until the liquid has thickened and reduced by half. (About 5 to 8 minutes.) Add the basil and season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 5. Stir cottage cheese, thickened NutraCleanse™ mixture, and a ½ teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl until blended. Set aside.
- 6. Assembly time! Spoon just enough vegetable mixture into the greased baking dish to lightly cover the bottom. Arrange four noodles lengthwise and side by side to cover the bottom.
- 7. Spread approximately half of the cottage cheese/NutraCleanse™ mixture over the noodles. Layer a third of the fresh spinach over top. Sprinkle with a third of the parmesan cheese and a third of the mozzarella cheese. Top with a third of the vegetable mixture. Add another layer of four noodles then repeat with remaining cheese and vegetables. Finish with a final layer of noodles, cooked vegetables, spinach, parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- 8. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes, uncover then bake 15 minutes until cheese is crusty around the edges. To make the cheese golden brown on top, slide under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 9. Let rest at least 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Courtesy of NutraCleanse™.
Visit http://www.nutracleanse.biz for more great recipes.