- The Anticancer Lifestyle Program Awarded Nutrition Accreditation
- Rediscover the Authentic Magic Bag: A Comforting, Therapeutic Classic
- Winter Thriving
- Warming Winter Entrées
- Before a Lump Develops
- Learn to Cook Healthy & Holistic Food
- Birthday Crepe Cake
- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
Tuscan White Bean Soup
The aroma of simmering garlic will draw you to this sublime creamy soup. It’s rich in nutrients that support bone and tooth health, healthy mood and energy production while reducing the risk for metabolic syndrome and diabetes.
2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
1 tbsp sunflower oil
2 shallots, chopped
2 cans (each 14 to 15 oz) cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
2 sprigs fresh thyme
4 cups reduced-sodium ready-to-use chicken or vegetable broth
4 cloves garlic, halved
1⁄2 cup full-fat coconut milk
Dulse powder or kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large saucepan, heat butter and sunflower oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add shallots and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened.
2. Stir in beans, thyme and broth; bring to a simmer, stirring often. Add garlic and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until garlic is softened. Discard thyme sprigs. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
3. Working in batches, add bean mixture to the extra-tall cup. Twist the extractor blade onto the cup to seal. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
4. Return soup to the pan and stir in coconut milk. Season to taste with dulse and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Serve with a bright green salad and toasted French bread slices. If you can only find 19-oz (540 mL) cans of cannellini beans, you will need 3 cups (750 mL) rinsed drained beans for this recipe. Store the remaining beans in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Makes 4 servings
Courtesy of 175 Best Superfood Blender Recipes Using Your Nutribullet by Marilyn Haugen & Doug Cook © 2016 www.robertrose.ca Available where books are sold.
Image credit: Colin Erricson
Seeking more bean recipes? Here is a Bean Bonanza of recipes!
Are the shorter days and colder weather leaving you feeling...
- Posted November 1, 2020
The Anticancer Lifestyle Program Awarded Nutrition Accreditation
The Anticancer Lifestyle Program (ACLP) has been welcomed as an...
- Posted November 13, 2020
Rediscover the Authentic Magic Bag: A Comforting, Therapeutic Classic
Seeking relief from all these months of uncertainty? Looking to...
- Posted November 3, 2020
Warming Winter Entrées
The rich flavours of browned beef only get better when...
- Posted November 1, 2020
Before a Lump Develops
The statistics today are alarming: one in eight women will...
- Posted October 25, 2020
Learn to Cook Healthy & Holistic Food
Holistic Culinary Program now offered by CSNN Toronto East Branch...
- Posted August 31, 2020
Birthday Crepe Cake
Add a little Flourish to your next birthday with this...
- Posted July 16, 2020