- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
- Psst. Juicy Juicing Secrets
- Finding peace in nature during the COVID-19 Social Distancing
- 6 Herbs and Foods for Gentle Detox
- How Not to Get Sick This Winter
- Winter Deluge Health Survival
- Looking at CBD for your Dog
- KLIIN Creates a Splash!
- Start a Fitness Journey with Health Conditions
This is one of my favorite sandwiches. I love the simplicity of goat cheese and mayonnaise as the spread on this colorful vegetarian sandwich.
1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
1⁄3 cup crumbled goat cheese
11⁄4 cups thinly sliced yellow
11⁄4 cups thinly sliced green zucchini
3 roma (plum) tomatoes, thinly sliced
1⁄4 tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
8 slices multigrain bread
(1⁄2-inch/1 cm thick slices)
2 avocados, thinly sliced
1 cup alfalfa sprouts
•Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C)
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and goat cheese. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Place squash, zucchini and tomatoes on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Place in preheated oven, tossing occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
Spread mayonnaise mixture equally over one side of bread slices. Top 4 slices equally with roasted vegetables, avocados, sprouts and remaining bread slices, pressing together gently. Serve immediately.
Tip: If you can't find alfalfa sprouts, I love using broccoli sprouts, which are also widely available in grocery stories. Choose zucchini that are firm with unbruised skin.
400 Best Sandwich Recipes by Alison Lewis © 2011
Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca
Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.