- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
- Psst. Juicy Juicing Secrets
- Finding peace in nature during the COVID-19 Social Distancing
- 6 Herbs and Foods for Gentle Detox
- How Not to Get Sick This Winter
- Winter Deluge Health Survival
- Looking at CBD for your Dog
- KLIIN Creates a Splash!
- Start a Fitness Journey with Health Conditions
- Get Back on Track
- How to Stay Energized All Day with Natural Supplements
- 3 Yin Yoga Poses for Stress
- Mediterranean Spiced Lamb Stew with Apricots and Coriander
All posts tagged "heart health"
- Herbal Help for Today’s Top Killers
Heart disease and stroke are the top killers of North Americans, causing more deaths than all forms of cancer combined. Referred to as “silent killers” because the first sign in the majority of cases is a fatal...
- Posted March 24, 2016
- What You Don’t Know Can Cause a Heart Attack
What is one of the greatest tragedies in medicine? It’s to die of a disease that could be easily prevented. Every 37 seconds in North America someone dies of a heart attack. Now, there’s proof that...
- Posted April 2, 2014
- Top 10 Foods Your Heart Will Love
Making heart-healthy food choices is a very important part of the overall strategy when it comes to preventing or at least delaying heart disease and minimizing the impact of existing disease. Diet can help to lower...
- Posted February 9, 2014
- What to do After Surviving a Heart Attack
Over the last 60 years the death rate from heart disease and stroke has declined by more than 75 per cent, and now the vast majority of Canadians who have a heart attack, or stroke, will...
- Posted February 4, 2014
- Keeping the Beat – Heart Health
Heart disease is an umbrella term for a variety of different diseases that affect the heart. It is the leading cause of death in Canadian adults. Although you lack the power to change some risk factors,...
- Posted January 31, 2014
- New research shows how heart cells communicate to regulate heart activity
New research from Western University is leading to a better understanding of what happens during heart failure; knowledge that could lead to better therapeutics or a more accurate predictor of risk. The research led by Robarts Research Institute...
- Posted September 26, 2013
- 6 Super Heart Helpers
It is a sad fact that over 33% of all deaths last year were due to cardiovascular disease, a category of over 30 different conditions from atherosclerosis to congestive heart failure, mitral valve prolapse, arrhythmias, stroke...
- Posted August 27, 2013
- Fish Oil Reduces Blood Viscosity
A study published in the British Medical Journal demonstrated that supplementation of fish oil reduced both systolic and diastolic blood viscosity values by 15%. The first study was a double blind randomized trial of nineteen patients with intermittent claudication...
- Posted May 11, 2013
- Heart Disease is the Silent Killer of Women
Heart disease and stroke is a leading cause of death among women in Canada. More women than men die from heart disease and stroke. Heart disease has long been thought of as a man’s disease, but this...
- Posted May 5, 2013
- Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy – Further Developments
Although the results of the Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy (TACT) were announced in early November of 2012, TACT is still sending shockwaves throughout the medical community and the media at large as it sparks a crucial...
- Posted April 16, 2013