- Get Back on Track
- How to Stay Energized All Day with Natural Supplements
- 3 Yin Yoga Poses for Stress
- Mediterranean Spiced Lamb Stew with Apricots and Coriander
- Sharpen the Mind
- “TEA”RRIFICALLY Healthy Winter Gifts of Warmth
- Celeriac, Truffle, Smoked Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Complete 360 for Diabetes
- Make 3 Easy Meals in Mugs
- Going the Extra Mile
- Increase Athletic Performance with Ubiquinol and NADH
- 7 Things I Wish I knew When I Started Running
- Giving Kids a Back to School Boost
- This Kitchen is for Dancing
- Vegan Marinara Meatballs
Singapore Summer Rolls
These simple fresh rolls are perfect for summertime entertaining.
4 cups hot water
8 10-inch (25 cm) rice-paper wrappers (see Tips)
4 cups shredded carrots
2 cups finely sliced red bell peppers
2 cups finely sliced cucumbers (see Tips)
1 bunch fresh mint leaves (see Tips)
1. Place hot water in a heatproof bowl. Working with one wrapper at a time, submerge wrapper in hot water until pliable, about 30 seconds. Remove and pat dry. Lay wrapper flat on a clean work surface.
2. In the middle of wrapper, place 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) carrot, 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) red pepper, 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) cucumber and 5 or 6 mint leaves.
3. Carefully fold bottom edge of wrapper over filling. Fold in sides and continue rolling up from the bottom, gently packing roll as you go. Press down firmly to ensure that roll holds together. Repeat with remaining wrappers and fillings. Serve immediately or cover with a damp paper towel, transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
MAKES 8 ROLLS
Rice-paper wrappers are available in most well-stocked supermarkets and natural food stores. Substitute an equal amount of finely sliced mango for the cucumbers, and fresh basil leaves for the mint.