- Weight Goals with Sue Galluzo
- Eat to Beat Inflammation
- A Better Butter Chicken
- Begin Your Day with Energy
- Smart Starts for Back to School
- Tropical Twister
- Tropical Cobb Salad
- Tomato Salad
- Homemade Hibiscus Cold Brew Tea
- When Tears are Not Enough
- Fajita Steak Platter
- Walking on Sunshine
- Olive Oil & Omega-3s
- Chimichurri Potato Salad
- Granate Berry
Shrimp-Prosciutto, Red Cabbage Cups
Delicate bits of crisp-cooked prosciutto are the magic in these shrimp–stuffed cabbage cups.
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 ounces sliced prosciutto, chopped
1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 small head red cabbage or Bibb lettuce
1) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the prosciutto and cook, stirring, until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the prosciutto with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
2) Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the shrimp and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are almost opaque and the pepper is softened, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are opaque, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the basil and vinegar.
3) Separate the leaves from the cabbage and arrange on a platter. Spoon the shrimp filling into the leaves, top with the prosciutto, and serve.
Excerpted from “The Whole30 Fast & Easy” by Melissa Hartwig. Copyright © by Thirty & Co., LLC. Photography © 2017 by Ghazalle Badiozamani. Published Penguin Canada, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.