- The Anticancer Lifestyle Program Awarded Nutrition Accreditation
- Rediscover the Authentic Magic Bag: A Comforting, Therapeutic Classic
- Winter Thriving
- Warming Winter Entrées
- Before a Lump Develops
- Learn to Cook Healthy & Holistic Food
- Birthday Crepe Cake
- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
Sharpen the Mind
Get your brain power on with DHA.
How can you increase your ability to concentrate, improve your cognitive function and memory, alleviate nervousness, agitation and irritability, and improve mental fatigue, heightened emotions and stabilize mood?
DHA, a type of omega-3 has many known benefits DHA is a crucial element because it is part of the eyes and brain structure. DHA is vital for humans starting from pregnancy and breast feeding, to kids, teenagers, adults and the elderly.
Research and clinical studies show that DHA can be used to target many health issues and supply the super-nutrient essential fatty acids for the eyes and brain regardless of age. In the first five years of a child’s life, the brain increases almost four times its size and the DHA concentration in the brain quadruples!
DHA supplementation results in 50% improvement for memory recall and learning in healthy adults. A DHA deficiency markedly affects neurotransmission, enzyme and ion channel activities, gene expression, inflammation, immunity and synaptic plasticity.1 DHA enhances signal transduction processes associated with behavioral deficits, learning activities, peroxisomal disorders, and psychotic changes in schizophrenia, depression, hyperactivity, stroke and Alzheimer’s disease.
Here are a few other studies on DHA:
• DHA deficiency is associated with normal aging, hyperactivity, learning activity, depression, stroke and Alzheimer disease.
• DHA has a neuroprotector effect in the case of an ischemic attack.
• DHA makes it possible to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
• Before 33 weeks of pregnancy the fatty-acid levels are not sufficiently developed in premature births and could possibly lead to intellectual disorders.
• The consumption of DHA in children allows for a higher rate of intellectual and language development .
• DHA has a favorable effect on visual function and neuro development in newborns.
• DHA is well recognized for development of the eyes and the brain.
The limited amount of DHA derived from dietary sources makes the therapeutic aspect difficult to achieve without the concentrated intake of a DHA-rich source of omega-3.
Restore and maintain neuroplasticity with Neuromega orange with no after taste from Alterra by Herbasanté. Neuromega is the most potent concentration of DHA (2750 mg) per teaspoon in Canada.
1) Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2004 Apr;70(4):361-72.
2) Trans Stroke Res. 2010 Nov 4.
3) FASEB Journal sept. 2009, (23)
4) JAMA, 2009, Jan 14.
5) Early Hum Dev 201;87
6) Am J Clin Nutr. 2005; 82 (1)
7) DHA monograph. Altern Med Rev. 2009; 14(4)
8) J Pediatr, 1992. 120
Established in 1984, Herbasanté is a family-owned and operated Canadian company, that specializes in providing a wide range of natural and non-toxic herbal remedies, manufacturing innovative and affordable products for more than 35 years. For more information visit: www.herbasante.ca.
Are the shorter days and colder weather leaving you feeling...
- Posted November 1, 2020
The Anticancer Lifestyle Program Awarded Nutrition Accreditation
The Anticancer Lifestyle Program (ACLP) has been welcomed as an...
- Posted November 13, 2020
Rediscover the Authentic Magic Bag: A Comforting, Therapeutic Classic
Seeking relief from all these months of uncertainty? Looking to...
- Posted November 3, 2020
Warming Winter Entrées
The rich flavours of browned beef only get better when...
- Posted November 1, 2020
Before a Lump Develops
The statistics today are alarming: one in eight women will...
- Posted October 25, 2020
Learn to Cook Healthy & Holistic Food
Holistic Culinary Program now offered by CSNN Toronto East Branch...
- Posted August 31, 2020
Birthday Crepe Cake
Add a little Flourish to your next birthday with this...
- Posted July 16, 2020