- Fajita Steak Platter
- Walking on Sunshine
- Olive Oil & Omega-3s
- Chimichurri Potato Salad
- Granate Berry
- Cloudy with a Chance of Blurry Vision
- Experience Forest Bathing at Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain
- Sipahh Flavored Straw Turns Compostable
- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- Identifying Lingering Balance Issues as a Result of a Brain Injury
- Baked Blueberry Banana Porridge
- The Future of Tech Devices & Healthy Shopping
- Cutting Carbs at Breakfast Can Jumpstart Weight-Loss
- Zesty Blueberry Granola Bars
- Stopping Ticks in Their Tracks
Sea Salt and Rosemary Roasted Chickpea Poppers
These crunchy salty bites of deliciousness totally kill a chip craving. Plus, they have protein and tons of fibre and minerals, unlike junk food snacks!
Be sure to dry the chickpeas really well. This will help the oil and seasonings stick better.
Chickpeas are incredible for your digestive and detoxification systems. They are a rich source of insoluble fibre, which remains undigested until it reaches the last part of your large intestine. Here it becomes a valuable fuel source for the bacteria in your colon, which produce short-chain fatty acids that feed the cells of your intestinal wall.
This can help reduce the risk of certain cancers, including colon cancer.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas,
- dried well
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, toss together chickpeas, grapeseed oil, rosemary and sea salt until well coated. Spread chickpeas on the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until crisp.
Excerpted from “Joyous Detox” by Joy McCarthy. Copyright © 2016 Joy McCarthy. Photography by Chris Bodnar. Published by Penguin Canada. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.