- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
- Psst. Juicy Juicing Secrets
- Finding peace in nature during the COVID-19 Social Distancing
- 6 Herbs and Foods for Gentle Detox
- How Not to Get Sick This Winter
- Winter Deluge Health Survival
- Looking at CBD for your Dog
- KLIIN Creates a Splash!
Sea Salt and Rosemary Roasted Chickpea Poppers
These crunchy salty bites of deliciousness totally kill a chip craving. Plus, they have protein and tons of fibre and minerals, unlike junk food snacks!
Be sure to dry the chickpeas really well. This will help the oil and seasonings stick better.
Chickpeas are incredible for your digestive and detoxification systems. They are a rich source of insoluble fibre, which remains undigested until it reaches the last part of your large intestine. Here it becomes a valuable fuel source for the bacteria in your colon, which produce short-chain fatty acids that feed the cells of your intestinal wall.
This can help reduce the risk of certain cancers, including colon cancer.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas,
- dried well
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, toss together chickpeas, grapeseed oil, rosemary and sea salt until well coated. Spread chickpeas on the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until crisp.
Excerpted from “Joyous Detox” by Joy McCarthy. Copyright © 2016 Joy McCarthy. Photography by Chris Bodnar. Published by Penguin Canada. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.