- The Anticancer Lifestyle Program Awarded Nutrition Accreditation
- Rediscover the Authentic Magic Bag: A Comforting, Therapeutic Classic
- Winter Thriving
- Warming Winter Entrées
- Before a Lump Develops
- Learn to Cook Healthy & Holistic Food
- Birthday Crepe Cake
- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
Roasted Cauliflower and Parsnip Soup
My baba used to cook on the farm with a wood-fired stove and oven. She had the best garden and made everything from scratch. It was her epic meals that made me want to be a chef.
4 medium parsnips, cut into small pieces
1 head cauliflower, cut into small pieces
1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
2 cups dry white wine
10 cups chicken stock, divided
1 cup whipping (35%) cream
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a roasting pan, combine parsnips, cauliflower, onion, and butter. Place in the preheated oven and roast, stirring every few minutes, until vegetables are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
3) Remove from the oven and stir in thyme and wine. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
4) Transfer roasted vegetables and cooking juices to a blender and add 21/2 cups chicken stock (you may need to do this in batches).
5) Blend on high speed until smooth (the hot contents can cause the lid to pop off, so be sure to hold it down tightly).
6) Transfer to a large pot over medium heat. Add remaining chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Recipe by Chef Paul Rogalski co-owner Rouge & Bistro Rouge in Calgary, AB. .Photographer Jodi Pudge. Excerpted from Peter & Chris Neal’s “Goodness: Recipes & Stories” (Blakeman Books). Available on Amazon.ca.
Are the shorter days and colder weather leaving you feeling...
- Posted November 1, 2020
The Anticancer Lifestyle Program Awarded Nutrition Accreditation
The Anticancer Lifestyle Program (ACLP) has been welcomed as an...
- Posted November 13, 2020
Rediscover the Authentic Magic Bag: A Comforting, Therapeutic Classic
Seeking relief from all these months of uncertainty? Looking to...
- Posted November 3, 2020
Warming Winter Entrées
The rich flavours of browned beef only get better when...
- Posted November 1, 2020
Before a Lump Develops
The statistics today are alarming: one in eight women will...
- Posted October 25, 2020
Learn to Cook Healthy & Holistic Food
Holistic Culinary Program now offered by CSNN Toronto East Branch...
- Posted August 31, 2020
Birthday Crepe Cake
Add a little Flourish to your next birthday with this...
- Posted July 16, 2020