- Get Back on Track
- How to Stay Energized All Day with Natural Supplements
- 3 Yin Yoga Poses for Stress
- Mediterranean Spiced Lamb Stew with Apricots and Coriander
- Sharpen the Mind
- “TEA”RRIFICALLY Healthy Winter Gifts of Warmth
- Celeriac, Truffle, Smoked Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Make 3 Easy Meals in Mugs
- Going the Extra Mile
- Increase Athletic Performance with Ubiquinol and NADH
- 7 Things I Wish I knew When I Started Running
- Giving Kids a Back to School Boost
- This Kitchen is for Dancing
- Vegan Marinara Meatballs
- Cauliflower Turmeric Soup
When you’re in the mood for a vegetarian alternative, look no further than this. Portobellos are called the meat of the vegetable family. They have a firm texture and delicious taste and are wonderful with hummus and goat cheese.
3 large portobello mushroom caps, wiped (stems removed)
3 medium-sized pitas, sliced in half
3/4 cup (185 mL) Red Bell Pepper Hummus
1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled goat cheese
On either a barbecue or a nonstick grill pan sprayed with cooking spray, grill the mushrooms over medium-high heat for 12 minutes, turning halfway or until tender and grill marked. Spray the mushrooms with vegetable spray if they look dry. Slice into thick slices.
Spread the inside of the pita halves with the hummus. Place half of the mushroom slices in each pita, sprinkle with cheese, and garnish with lettuce, tomatoes and onions.
Excerpted from "The Best of Rose Reisman" by Rose Reisman ©2013 by Rose Reisman, Whitecap Books Reprinted with publisher permission.