- Cloudy with a Chance of Blurry Vision
- Experience Forest Bathing at Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain
- Sipahh Flavored Straw Turns Compostable
- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- Identifying Lingering Balance Issues as a Result of a Brain Injury
- Baked Blueberry Banana Porridge
- The Future of Tech Devices & Healthy Shopping
- Cutting Carbs at Breakfast Can Jumpstart Weight-Loss
- Zesty Blueberry Granola Bars
- Stopping Ticks in Their Tracks
- 100 Beautiful Things
- The Triple Jump of Detoxification
- Pesto Vegetable Quiche
- A Fresh Take on Canada’s Food Guide
- The Top Tips about Dental Treatment You Should Know
Do You Know the Best Plant Source of Calcium?
While there are many healthy options when it comes to food sourced calcium an ancient one, stands the test of time, if not taste. Marine-sourced algae is not only rich in calcium but unlike other forms of non-food sourced calcium is better utilized by the body and does not get deposited in arterial plaque at high doses. Calcified arterial plaque may clog arteries, causing an increased risk of heart attacks and strokes (Boland et al, University of Auckland, BMJ, 2011).
A New Canadian Study from McGill shows Calcium Helps Women Live longer
Do women need calcium for 'bone insurance and added longevity? Yes, says a recent Canadian study. The study conducted by McGill University shows:
• Taking a calcium supplement of up to 1,000 mg per day can help women live longer
• There is a 22 per cent cut in risk of death over a 10-year period compared with women who are not taking calcium supplements
The Best Source of Calcium is a Natural Food Source
Ingesting calcium from foods does not cause arterial calcification. Foods that naturally contain calcium also supply other minerals which direct the calcium into bone rather than soft tissues like arteries, kidneys and eyes. A food source of calcium from an ocean algae is a safer choice than rock calcium because it is a natural balance of nutrients.
Why SeaCal PLUS Beats All Other Calcium Supplements
SeaCal PLUS plant calcium is derived from organic, marine algae from the Irish Sea. SeaCal PLUS is not just calcium. It contains calcium, magnesium and over 70 other important trace minerals. It has been well documented in nutritional research that the combination of calcium and trace minerals together enhances the rate at which calcium absorption takes place in humans and also contributes to bone mineral density. These minerals are present in SeaCal PLUS and they are all naturally occurring and 100% plant derived. Being plant derived means that SeaCal PLUS is also void of any lactose and suitable for vegans. It is also FDA GRAS recognized. SeaCal PLUS is enhanced with vitamin D3, natural vitamin K2, boron, and magnesium glycinate to further assure calcium is utilized by your bones.
The Aqua-Min® material used in Natural Balance® SeaCal PLUS has under gone several independent clinical studies. These studies have shown that the materials in Natural Balance® SeaCal PLUS is highly bioavailable compared to conventional calcium salts. It has been shown to enhance bone mineral integrity to a greater extent than other mineral sources. Natural Balance® SeaCal PLUS is highly effective for nourishing bone and joint health. Peer reviewed and published research has shown that the materials used in the Natural Balance® SeaCal PLUS is more effective (faster acting, etc.) than many other supplements widely used in the nutritional industry for calcium intake.
1) M. J. Bolland, A. Grey, A. Avenell, G. D. Gamble, I. R. Reid. Calcium supplementswith or without vitamin D and risk of cardiovascular events: reanalysis of the Women’s Health Initiative limited access dataset and meta-analysis. BMJ, 2011;
342 (apr19 1): d2040 DOI
2) David Goltzmanet et al. Calcium and Vitamin D Intake and Mortality: Results from the Canadian Multi-centre Osteoporosis Study. JCEM, July, 2013.
For more info call Natural Balance: 1-800-667-2011 or visit: www.naturalbalanceproducts.ca