- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
- Psst. Juicy Juicing Secrets
- Finding peace in nature during the COVID-19 Social Distancing
- 6 Herbs and Foods for Gentle Detox
- How Not to Get Sick This Winter
- Winter Deluge Health Survival
- Looking at CBD for your Dog
- KLIIN Creates a Splash!
- Start a Fitness Journey with Health Conditions
One Meal, One Family, Three Ways
How does anyone have time to make a healthy, delicious, home-cooked meal, much less cook different meals for babies, children, and parents?
The answer is ONE meal, ONE family, THREE ways. Finally, parents can make one complete, healthy and delicious home cooked meal by simply modifying as they cook. The result is suitable for adults, children and baby.
Here’s an example of a ONE meal, ONE family, THREE ways:
Pumpkin Banana Waffles – Makes 18 waffles
Prep time: 10 minutes, cook 5 minutes
3 1/2 cups milk
1 1/4 cups solid packed pumpkin, plus 2 tbsp for baby
3⁄4 cup ripe banana, mashed (approximately 2 large), plus 4 tbsp for baby
1⁄4 cup canola oil
4 large eggs, slightly beaten
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1⁄2 cups whole-wheat flour
1⁄2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Optional toppings: butter, maple syrup, sliced bananas, walnuts
1. Place the milk, pumpkin, oil and eggs in medium size bowl and whisk until smooth. Reserve.
2. For BABY 6 months+: Combine 4 tbsp mashed banana, 2 tbsp pumpkin puree and a pinch of cinnamon. Optional- for added protein and creaminess, stir in 1 tbsp Greek yogurt. Serve.
3. In large bowl combine flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. Add the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and whisk until smooth. Preheat the waffle iron. Let batter rest 5 minutes before using.
5. For KIDS: Cut prepared waffles into strips for the perfect dipping finger food. Serve with a small portion of topping (step 2) or maple syrup for dipping.
6. For the rest of the FAMILY: Serve warm waffles topped with butter, sliced bananas, walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Tip: This is a large recipe and is perfect for leftovers. Store remaining waffles in the freezer for a quick weekday morning toaster option.
Jennifer Carlson - Founder of BABY GOURMET - created ONE meal, ONE family, THREE ways, and can demonstrate how to make delicious family recipes using her healthy, delicious and simple method.
Jennifer Carlson has an audience who knows and trusts her. Modern parents know her through her line of top selling Baby Gourmet and Kid’s Gourmet food products.
These are the same parents who need great recipes for simple, homemade family meals. They have seen Jennifer featured in many live cooking shows on Breakfast television, Global Weekend News and Rogers TV and are looking forward to her cookbook filled with recipes for the entire family.
Jennifer has also been featured in Woman's Day, people.com, The Toronto Star, The Calgary Herald, The Financial Post, The National Post, The Women’s Post, The Huffington Post, the Vancouver Sun, Today’s Parent, and Parents Canada. Parents trust Jennifer for advice on how to bring healthy and convenient food into their families.
She’s a new version of “Baby Boom” Dianne Keaton: Jennifer Carlson is the mother of two well-fed children and has a passion for all things culinary. She is an inspirational and motivating speaker to women, entrepreneurs, and busy moms. In July 2011, Jen was recognized for her leadership and innovation as the Ernst & Young Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year 2011. Here’s what she has to say:
"Why I can deliver what moms want most at meal time", a message from Jennifer Carlson:
“Before anything, I am a mother. I know what is important to mothers because I’ve gone through similar experiences. Mother to 7 year old Finley and 6 year old Eamon, I have spent countless hours perfecting nutritious, homemade meals for my own family. I know recipes have to be delicious and easy to prepare.
I know the art - and the science - behind delicious recipes. I have personally developed and worked with nutritionists and food specialists to perfect every Baby Gourmet recipe that has been purchased by thousands of mothers and their families.
From kitchen-testing my own recipes to producing millions of pouches of baby food, I can create delicious combinations that combine nutritious, organic ingredients that not only taste good but also are good for you”