- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
- Psst. Juicy Juicing Secrets
- Finding peace in nature during the COVID-19 Social Distancing
- 6 Herbs and Foods for Gentle Detox
- How Not to Get Sick This Winter
- Winter Deluge Health Survival
- Looking at CBD for your Dog
- KLIIN Creates a Splash!
Moroccan Hummus with Lots of Veggie Dippers
Hummus is one of the world’s great snacks. It’s richly flavoured, easily prepared, easily shared, and when you make it yourself, inherently pure and nutritious. Chickpeas are pulses, edible seeds of the legume family, so they’re packed with powerful protein and fibre. Makes 3 cups, enough for 6-8 snackers.
A 19-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup of tahini or almond butter
1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
1/4 cup of orange juice
1/4 cup of marmalade
1 tablespoon of harissa paste
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
30 or 40 fresh mint leaves (from 6 or 8 sprigs)
The zest and juice of 2 lemons
1/4 teaspoon of salt
Your Choice of Veggie Dippers
Radish wedges, Carrot sticks,
Celery sticks, Red pepper slices,
Cherry tomatoes, Jicama slices,
Kohlrabi wedges, Cauliflower florets, Broccoli florets, Snap peas,
Blend everything smooth in your food processor. Fill a festive bowl with the hummus, drizzle the top with more olive oil and share with lots of veggie dippers.
Excerpted from “Real Food, Real Good” by Michael Smith. Copyright © 2016 Michael Smith. Published by Penguin Canada.
Seeking more bean recipes? Here is a bean bonanza of recipes.