- Start a Fitness Journey with Health Conditions
- Get Back on Track
- How to Stay Energized All Day with Natural Supplements
- 3 Yin Yoga Poses for Stress
- Mediterranean Spiced Lamb Stew with Apricots and Coriander
- Sharpen the Mind
- “TEA”RRIFICALLY Healthy Winter Gifts of Warmth
- Celeriac, Truffle, Smoked Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Make 3 Easy Meals in Mugs
- Going the Extra Mile
- Increase Athletic Performance with Ubiquinol and NADH
- 7 Things I Wish I knew When I Started Running
- Giving Kids a Back to School Boost
- This Kitchen is for Dancing
- Vegan Marinara Meatballs
Mixed-Berry Probiotic Blast
Probiotics are the good bacteria in fermented foods like kefir and yogurt. They help to populate your gut with immune-boosting, supportive microorganisms. Adding a prebiotic like oats, a fiber-rich food that probiotic bacteria love, helps your good bacteria thrive.
Makes 2 Servings
1 cup plain kefir 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract 1⁄4 cup large-flake (old-fashioned) rolled oats 1 large frozen banana 2 cups frozen mixed berries
1) Place the kefir, vanilla, oats, banana and berries in the blender. Secure the lid, remove the lid plug and insert the tamper. With the switch on Variable, select speed 1 and turn the machine on.
2) Gradually increase the speed to 10, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades, then flip the switch to High and blend for about 20 seconds or to the desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Frozen berries make the smoothie thicker and more like a milkshake, but if you have fresh ones, go ahead and celebrate the season by using them.
Courtesy of “300 Best Blender Recipes Using Your Vitamix®” by Robin Asbell © 2017 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. Available where books are sold.