- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
- Psst. Juicy Juicing Secrets
- Finding peace in nature during the COVID-19 Social Distancing
- 6 Herbs and Foods for Gentle Detox
- How Not to Get Sick This Winter
- Winter Deluge Health Survival
- Looking at CBD for your Dog
- KLIIN Creates a Splash!
- Start a Fitness Journey with Health Conditions
Green Coconut Curry
I love a good curry, especially one that gives you a hearty blend of vegetables and protein all in one. Served on delicious golden rice this will definitely become one of your favorite go-to weekday recipes.
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
1 small yellow onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
8 oz frozen spinach, slightly thawed
2 Tbsp green curry paste
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
¼ tsp sea salt
1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
1 cup vegetable broth or water
1 medium sweet potato, cut into ½-inch cubes (about 1 cup total)
½ cup carrot, chopped
½ cup broccoli florets
½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/3 cup snow peas, cut into thirds
Golden Coconut Rice Ingredients
1 cup Jasmine brown rice
1¼ cups coconut milk
1 cup water
¼ tsp ground turmeric powder
¼ tsp salt
2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Start by making golden coconut rice. In a medium saucepan stir together rice, coconut milk, water, turmeric, salt, and shredded coconut. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover saucepan and simmer until all liquid has evaporated, about 35–40 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and keeping covered, set aside for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- While rice is simmering, make curry. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until just starting to brown. Stir in spinach, green curry paste, coconut sugar, and salt; cook until spinach is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and broth and bring to a simmer. Remove saucepan from heat and, using an immersion blender (or transfer to a high-power blender), blend spinach mixture until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning with more curry paste, coconut sugar, or salt.
- Return saucepan to medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add sweet potatoes and carrots; cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Add broccoli and red pepper; continue to cook for another 3 minutes. Finally, stir in tomatoes and snow peas allowing to cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 4–5 minutes. Broccoli, peppers, and snow peas should all be crisp tender. Serve warm over golden coconut rice.
Excerpt from Karlene Karst’s cookbook, “This Kitchen is For Dancing,” reproduced with permission from Mind Publishing Inc. All rights reserved.