- Cloudy with a Chance of Blurry Vision
- Experience Forest Bathing at Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain
- Sipahh Flavored Straw Turns Compostable
- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- Identifying Lingering Balance Issues as a Result of a Brain Injury
- Baked Blueberry Banana Porridge
- The Future of Tech Devices & Healthy Shopping
- Cutting Carbs at Breakfast Can Jumpstart Weight-Loss
- Zesty Blueberry Granola Bars
- Stopping Ticks in Their Tracks
- 100 Beautiful Things
- The Triple Jump of Detoxification
- Pesto Vegetable Quiche
- A Fresh Take on Canada’s Food Guide
- The Top Tips about Dental Treatment You Should Know
Green Cabbage Slaw with Lemon Oil
Shredding cabbage for an easy summer salad is easy with a little know-how.
1 clove garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
¼ up extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium head green cabbage, finely shredded
1 cup shredded carrots
2 tablespoons chopped cashews
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon ribbon-chopped fresh basil
How to Shred Cabbage
Shredding cabbage is really fast and easy.. First, cut the cabbage in half, then in half again. Take each quarter and remove the core of the cabbage (the thick white stem) by cutting it out with a sharp knife. Lay each quarter on a flat side and cut crosswise into thin slices, working from top to bottom. You’ll end up with thin ribbons of cabbage, perfect for slaw.
Whisk the garlic and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream until fully blended.
In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, cashews, and sesame seeds. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine, then toss with the lemon oil. Adjust the seasoning with the saltand pepper and top with the basil.
Serves two from “The Whole30” by Melissa Hartwig and Dallas Hartwig. Copyright © Whole9 Life, LLC, 2015. Reprinted by permission of Penguin Canada.