- Cloudy with a Chance of Blurry Vision
- Experience Forest Bathing at Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain
- Sipahh Flavored Straw Turns Compostable
- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- Identifying Lingering Balance Issues as a Result of a Brain Injury
- Baked Blueberry Banana Porridge
- The Future of Tech Devices & Healthy Shopping
- Cutting Carbs at Breakfast Can Jumpstart Weight-Loss
- Zesty Blueberry Granola Bars
- Stopping Ticks in Their Tracks
- 100 Beautiful Things
- The Triple Jump of Detoxification
- Pesto Vegetable Quiche
- A Fresh Take on Canada’s Food Guide
- The Top Tips about Dental Treatment You Should Know
Grapefruit, Mint and Arugula Salad with Douglas McNish
This salad is a delicious balance of slightly bitter grapefruit, fresh mint and peppery arugula. The grapefruit makes the addition of lemon juice or vinegar unnecessary.
2 cups baby arugula
1 cup grapefruit segments (about1 small)
1⁄2 cup finely sliced fresh mint leaves
2 tbsp cold-pressed (extra virgin) olive oil
1 tbsp raw agave nectar
In a serving bowl, toss arugula, grapefruit, mint, olive oil and agave nectar until well combined. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
To prepare the citrus segments for this recipe, place on a cutting board and remove a bit of skin from each end to create a flat surface — this will reveal the thickness of the pith. Using a sharp knife in a downward motion, remove the skin and the pith. Shave off any remaining bits of pith, then cut between the membranes to produce wedges of pure citrus flesh.
To finely slice the mint, remove the leaves from the stems and stack them on top of each other. Roll the leaves into a cylinder and, using a sharp chef’s knife, slice the cylinder into thin strips.3
Makes 1 main-course or 2 side salads.
Douglas McNish is also the author of the bestselling “Eat Raw, Eat Well”. He’s a two-time vegan iron chef winner, has been featured on national television, contributes to print magazine publications, and is a raw food consultant who is passionate about sharing his knowledge about the raw food lifestyle.
Douglas McNish is a vegan executive chef, instructor and consultant, with a strong commitment to health and organics. He is the author of the award-winning bestseller, "Eat Raw, Eat Well "and newly released "Raw, Quick and Delicious".