- Get Back on Track
- How to Stay Energized All Day with Natural Supplements
- 3 Yin Yoga Poses for Stress
- Mediterranean Spiced Lamb Stew with Apricots and Coriander
- Sharpen the Mind
- “TEA”RRIFICALLY Healthy Winter Gifts of Warmth
- Celeriac, Truffle, Smoked Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Complete 360 for Diabetes
- Make 3 Easy Meals in Mugs
- Going the Extra Mile
- Increase Athletic Performance with Ubiquinol and NADH
- 7 Things I Wish I knew When I Started Running
- Giving Kids a Back to School Boost
- This Kitchen is for Dancing
- Vegan Marinara Meatballs
Grapefruit, Mint and Arugula Salad with Douglas McNish
This salad is a delicious balance of slightly bitter grapefruit, fresh mint and peppery arugula. The grapefruit makes the addition of lemon juice or vinegar unnecessary.
2 cups baby arugula
1 cup grapefruit segments (about1 small)
1⁄2 cup finely sliced fresh mint leaves
2 tbsp cold-pressed (extra virgin) olive oil
1 tbsp raw agave nectar
In a serving bowl, toss arugula, grapefruit, mint, olive oil and agave nectar until well combined. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
To prepare the citrus segments for this recipe, place on a cutting board and remove a bit of skin from each end to create a flat surface — this will reveal the thickness of the pith. Using a sharp knife in a downward motion, remove the skin and the pith. Shave off any remaining bits of pith, then cut between the membranes to produce wedges of pure citrus flesh.
To finely slice the mint, remove the leaves from the stems and stack them on top of each other. Roll the leaves into a cylinder and, using a sharp chef’s knife, slice the cylinder into thin strips.3
Makes 1 main-course or 2 side salads.
Douglas McNish is also the author of the bestselling “Eat Raw, Eat Well”. He’s a two-time vegan iron chef winner, has been featured on national television, contributes to print magazine publications, and is a raw food consultant who is passionate about sharing his knowledge about the raw food lifestyle.
Douglas McNish is a vegan executive chef, instructor and consultant, with a strong commitment to health and organics. He is the author of the award-winning bestseller, "Eat Raw, Eat Well "and newly released "Raw, Quick and Delicious".