- Get Back on Track
- How to Stay Energized All Day with Natural Supplements
- 3 Yin Yoga Poses for Stress
- Mediterranean Spiced Lamb Stew with Apricots and Coriander
- Sharpen the Mind
- “TEA”RRIFICALLY Healthy Winter Gifts of Warmth
- Celeriac, Truffle, Smoked Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Complete 360 for Diabetes
- Make 3 Easy Meals in Mugs
- Going the Extra Mile
- Increase Athletic Performance with Ubiquinol and NADH
- 7 Things I Wish I knew When I Started Running
- Giving Kids a Back to School Boost
- This Kitchen is for Dancing
- Vegan Marinara Meatballs
Fall Fruit en Papillotte
Healthier than apple pie and more flavourful. This is an explosion of in season Canadian fall fruits with favourite fall dessert spices.
• Preheat oven to 350° F
• 4 sheets parchment paper,
12 by 18 inches (30 by 40 cm)
• Baking sheet
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup chopped candied ginger
4 1-inch pieces cinnamon stick
4 1-inch pieces licorice root
4 1-inch pieces vanilla bean
4 whole cloves
1 pear, cored and cut into eighths
1 apple, cored and cut into eighths
4 dried or fresh apricots, halved
1 peach, cored and quartered
1 plum, cored and quartered
1/2 cup apple cider
1 tsp butter
Fold each sheet of parchment paper in half. Trim to make 4 heart-shaped pieces.
Open each heart of parchment paper. On one side of fold line add 1 tbsp (15 mL) each raisins, pecans and ginger; 1 each cinnamon stick, licorice root, vanilla bean and clove; 2 each pear, apple and apricot pieces; 1 each peach and plum quarters. Sprinkle 2 tbsp (25 mL) cider over each; top with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) butter.
Fold other half of parchment heart over fruit. Beginning at curve of heart, roll cut ends together to seal.
Place fruit packages on baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until apples and pears are tender. Slide each package onto a serving plate; cut an “X” on top of each package with a knife. Pull back tips of “X” to make an opening. Serve warm in parchment.
Courtesy of The Healing Herbs Cookbook by Pat Crocker © 2013 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission.