- Start a Fitness Journey with Health Conditions
- Get Back on Track
- How to Stay Energized All Day with Natural Supplements
- 3 Yin Yoga Poses for Stress
- Mediterranean Spiced Lamb Stew with Apricots and Coriander
- Sharpen the Mind
- “TEA”RRIFICALLY Healthy Winter Gifts of Warmth
- Celeriac, Truffle, Smoked Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Make 3 Easy Meals in Mugs
- Going the Extra Mile
- Increase Athletic Performance with Ubiquinol and NADH
- 7 Things I Wish I knew When I Started Running
- Giving Kids a Back to School Boost
- This Kitchen is for Dancing
- Vegan Marinara Meatballs
Eat Well Recipe Contest aims to bring Canadian families together in the kitchen
The Eat Well, Recipe Contest promotes healthy eating and builds kids’ food preparation skills by encouraging families to plan, shop, and prepare healthier meals together. Canadians can submit a favourite family recipe for a chance to win great prizes, including the grand prize of a family cooking session with Chef Christine Cushing (in English) or Registered Dietitian Isabelle Huot (in French). The families can also submit a video or photo of them making the recipe for the chance to have it featured on the Healthy Canadians Pinterest page.
The winning recipes, along with two-minute videos of the grand prize family cooking sessions, will also be featured on the social media channels and websites of Healthy Canadians, the Heart and Stroke Foundation, and Christine Cushing and Isabelle Huot.
Recipes submitted should be lower in sugar, fat and salt, and will be judged by Chef Cushing and Dietitian Huot. Families with recipes to share have until midnight on March 8, 2014 to submit them online.
- Cooking with kids is a great way to connect and spend quality time together as a family.
- Encouraging healthy eating at a young age will help kids eat well later in life.
- A bonus of getting kids involved in cooking is that picky eaters are more likely to try food they help make.
Enter the contest at: www.eatwellrecipecontest.com
Find more healthy eating tips at: http://healthycanadians.gc.
Note that the Eat Well, Recipe Contest closes March 8, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. ET
The Eat Well, Recipe Contest is a Government of Canada Partnership jointly launched and announced Friday by the Honorable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Health, and Terry Dean, Director of the Heart and Stroke Foundation.