- The Anticancer Lifestyle Program Awarded Nutrition Accreditation
- Rediscover the Authentic Magic Bag: A Comforting, Therapeutic Classic
- Winter Thriving
- Warming Winter Entrées
- Before a Lump Develops
- Learn to Cook Healthy & Holistic Food
- Birthday Crepe Cake
- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Quinoa isn’t just for lunch and dinner. It provides protein, B vitamins, zinc, and fiber, but it also has a warm flavor that’s perfect in the morning—and it’s a great gluten- free option.
Makes 2 Servings
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
½ cup quinoa
1 cup water
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp pure maple syrup (optional; omit if you follow a sugar-free diet)
1 Tbsp raw sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
2 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tsp hemp seeds
Large handful of fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries)
- In a small pot, combine the quinoa and water. Bring it to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Once the quinoa is cooked and fluffy, add the cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, and maple syrup and mix well.
- Place in a bowl and top with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, hemp seeds, and berries.
This is the perfect recipe to make in advance to save yourself time in the morning. You can make a batch of quinoa and store it in the fridge, then just warm it up for breakfast.
Excerpted from “The Living Kitchen” by Tamara Green & Sarah Grossman. Copyright © 2019 Tamara Green & Sarah Grossman. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Are the shorter days and colder weather leaving you feeling...
- Posted November 1, 2020
The Anticancer Lifestyle Program Awarded Nutrition Accreditation
The Anticancer Lifestyle Program (ACLP) has been welcomed as an...
- Posted November 13, 2020
Rediscover the Authentic Magic Bag: A Comforting, Therapeutic Classic
Seeking relief from all these months of uncertainty? Looking to...
- Posted November 3, 2020
Warming Winter Entrées
The rich flavours of browned beef only get better when...
- Posted November 1, 2020
Before a Lump Develops
The statistics today are alarming: one in eight women will...
- Posted October 25, 2020
Learn to Cook Healthy & Holistic Food
Holistic Culinary Program now offered by CSNN Toronto East Branch...
- Posted August 31, 2020
Birthday Crepe Cake
Add a little Flourish to your next birthday with this...
- Posted July 16, 2020