- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
- Psst. Juicy Juicing Secrets
- Finding peace in nature during the COVID-19 Social Distancing
- 6 Herbs and Foods for Gentle Detox
- How Not to Get Sick This Winter
- Winter Deluge Health Survival
- Looking at CBD for your Dog
- KLIIN Creates a Splash!
- Start a Fitness Journey with Health Conditions
- Get Back on Track
- How to Stay Energized All Day with Natural Supplements
- 3 Yin Yoga Poses for Stress
- Mediterranean Spiced Lamb Stew with Apricots and Coriander
Chicken Orzo Soup
The perfect warming, comfort food for a cold or just a cold day.
2 tbsp canola oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into small cubes
1 cup finely diced onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups diced carrots
2 cups diced celery stalks
1⁄2 tsp dried thyme
1⁄2 tsp black pepper (approx.)
1⁄2 tsp crumbled dried rosemary
2 bay leaves
6 cups ready-to-use chicken broth
1 cup dried orzo pasta
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp grated lemon zest
3 tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and onion, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 10 minutes or until chicken is browned on all sides.
Stir in garlic, carrots, celery, thyme, pepper, rosemary and bay leaves; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add orzo, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until orzo is tender. Discard bay leaves. Stir in parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Courtesy of “Best of Bridge Weekday Suppers” by Sylvia Kong & Emily Richards © 2018 www.robertrose.ca. Reprinted with permission. Available where books are sold. Image credit: Matt Johnannsson, Reflector Inc.