- The Anticancer Lifestyle Program Awarded Nutrition Accreditation
- Rediscover the Authentic Magic Bag: A Comforting, Therapeutic Classic
- Winter Thriving
- Warming Winter Entrées
- Before a Lump Develops
- Learn to Cook Healthy & Holistic Food
- Birthday Crepe Cake
- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
Cauliflower Turmeric Soup
When cauliflower and turmeric meet, the result is a creamy, fragrant, and delicious soup that can be ready in 30 minutes with just 5 simple ingredients. Turmeric is arguably one of the healthiest spices, and every chance I get to include it in my diet, I go for it. I love it with fish, curry, golden milk, and smoothies. The possibilities are endless.
1 medium cauliflower
2 Tbsp coconut oil
3 cups boiling water
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
2 pinch fresh turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (205 °C).
- Cut the cauliflower head into florets.
- Coat the cauliflower florets with coconut oil. On a baking sheet, cook the cauliflower for 20 minutes or until they are soft and golden, tossing them half way through.
- Transfer the cooled cauliflower into a high-speed blender.
- Add the hot water, coconut milk, turmeric, salt, and pepper into the blender.
- Blend on high until the mixture forms a creamy texture.
- You can add more hot water or coconut milk to thin it.
- Adjust the flavor to your taste. Top off with pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, or a few slices of avocado. Serve and enjoy!
- This creamy soup can be served hot or at room temperature.
Excerpt from Karlene Karst’s cookbook, “This Kitchen is For Dancing,” reproduced with permission from Mind Publishing Inc. All rights reserved.
Try another recipe…
Are the shorter days and colder weather leaving you feeling...
- Posted November 1, 2020
The Anticancer Lifestyle Program Awarded Nutrition Accreditation
The Anticancer Lifestyle Program (ACLP) has been welcomed as an...
- Posted November 13, 2020
Rediscover the Authentic Magic Bag: A Comforting, Therapeutic Classic
Seeking relief from all these months of uncertainty? Looking to...
- Posted November 3, 2020
Warming Winter Entrées
The rich flavours of browned beef only get better when...
- Posted November 1, 2020
Before a Lump Develops
The statistics today are alarming: one in eight women will...
- Posted October 25, 2020
Learn to Cook Healthy & Holistic Food
Holistic Culinary Program now offered by CSNN Toronto East Branch...
- Posted August 31, 2020
Birthday Crepe Cake
Add a little Flourish to your next birthday with this...
- Posted July 16, 2020