- Get Back on Track
- How to Stay Energized All Day with Natural Supplements
- 3 Yin Yoga Poses for Stress
- Mediterranean Spiced Lamb Stew with Apricots and Coriander
- Sharpen the Mind
- “TEA”RRIFICALLY Healthy Winter Gifts of Warmth
- Celeriac, Truffle, Smoked Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Make 3 Easy Meals in Mugs
- Going the Extra Mile
- Increase Athletic Performance with Ubiquinol and NADH
- 7 Things I Wish I knew When I Started Running
- Giving Kids a Back to School Boost
- This Kitchen is for Dancing
- Vegan Marinara Meatballs
- Cauliflower Turmeric Soup
Cauliflower Turmeric Soup
When cauliflower and turmeric meet, the result is a creamy, fragrant, and delicious soup that can be ready in 30 minutes with just 5 simple ingredients. Turmeric is arguably one of the healthiest spices, and every chance I get to include it in my diet, I go for it. I love it with fish, curry, golden milk, and smoothies. The possibilities are endless.
1 medium cauliflower
2 Tbsp coconut oil
3 cups boiling water
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
2 pinch fresh turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (205 °C).
- Cut the cauliflower head into florets.
- Coat the cauliflower florets with coconut oil. On a baking sheet, cook the cauliflower for 20 minutes or until they are soft and golden, tossing them half way through.
- Transfer the cooled cauliflower into a high-speed blender.
- Add the hot water, coconut milk, turmeric, salt, and pepper into the blender.
- Blend on high until the mixture forms a creamy texture.
- You can add more hot water or coconut milk to thin it.
- Adjust the flavor to your taste. Top off with pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, or a few slices of avocado. Serve and enjoy!
- This creamy soup can be served hot or at room temperature.
Excerpt from Karlene Karst’s cookbook, “This Kitchen is For Dancing,” reproduced with permission from Mind Publishing Inc. All rights reserved.