- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
- Psst. Juicy Juicing Secrets
- Finding peace in nature during the COVID-19 Social Distancing
- 6 Herbs and Foods for Gentle Detox
- How Not to Get Sick This Winter
- Winter Deluge Health Survival
- Looking at CBD for your Dog
- KLIIN Creates a Splash!
- Start a Fitness Journey with Health Conditions
Better-Than-Eggs Salad Sandwich
Prep time: 20 min • Yield: 8 servings
1 cup finely diced young coconut meat
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
1 cup fresh sweet corn
1⁄2 cup seeded and chopped bell pepper
1⁄4 cup finely diced celery
2 tablespoons finely diced red onion plus 1⁄2 red onion in thinly sliced rings
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1⁄2 cup Cashew Mayonnaise
16 slices Onion–Caraway Seed Bread
8 leaves of lettuce
4 tomatoes, sliced
6–8 cups clover or broccoli sprouts
1) Combine the coconut, avocado, corn, bell pepper, celery, diced onion, parsley, and mayonnaise and stir well.
2 ) To assemble sandwiches, spread 1⁄2 cup of the filling on a slice of bread and top with lettuce, tomato, and sprouts. Cover with another slice of bread and enjoy!
Per serving (1 sandwich): Calories 535; Fat 39g (Saturated 4g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 540mg; Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 15g); Protein 18g.
Note: Store Better-Than-Eggs Salad in a sealed glass or plastic container in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours. Don’t assemble the sandwiches until you’re ready to eat, or they’ll get soggy.
Excerpted with permission from the publisher, Wiley, from www.dummies.com Raw Food For Dummies® by Cherie Soria and Dan Ladermann. Copyright © 2012.