- Cloudy with a Chance of Blurry Vision
- Experience Forest Bathing at Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain
- Sipahh Flavored Straw Turns Compostable
- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- Identifying Lingering Balance Issues as a Result of a Brain Injury
- Baked Blueberry Banana Porridge
- The Future of Tech Devices & Healthy Shopping
- Cutting Carbs at Breakfast Can Jumpstart Weight-Loss
- Zesty Blueberry Granola Bars
- Stopping Ticks in Their Tracks
- 100 Beautiful Things
- The Triple Jump of Detoxification
- Pesto Vegetable Quiche
- A Fresh Take on Canada’s Food Guide
- The Top Tips about Dental Treatment You Should Know
Blueberry, Walnut Salad with Chicken
1 cup California walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 large yellow bell pepper, cut in bite-size pieces
6 cups mixed baby greens
4 4 oz (125 g) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, grilled or sautéed until cooked through
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Step One: On a baking sheet, spread walnuts in one layer. Bake until just toasted and aromatic, about 8 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Vinaigrette: in a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper.
Salad: in a medium size bowl, combine watermelon, blueberries, walnuts and bell pepper. Add half of the vinaigrette; toss to coat. In a large bowl, toss greens with remaining vinaigrette.
Finishing Touch: divide greens among four plates, and top with fruit and walnut mixture. Slice each chicken breast diagonally and serve with the salad. Makes 4 servings.
Tip: make a double recipe of the vinaigrette, and use half of it for marinating the chicken before grilling. Discard any vinaigrette used for marinating.