- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
- Psst. Juicy Juicing Secrets
- Finding peace in nature during the COVID-19 Social Distancing
- 6 Herbs and Foods for Gentle Detox
- How Not to Get Sick This Winter
- Winter Deluge Health Survival
- Looking at CBD for your Dog
- KLIIN Creates a Splash!
Baked Blueberry Banana Porridge
Despite the newfangled, grain-free combination of ingredients, this baked porridge has plenty of old-fashioned comfort-food appeal.
• Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
• 9-inch (23 cm) square metal baking pan, greased with coconut oil
1⁄2 cup coconut flour
6 tbsp ground flax seeds (flaxseed meal)
1⁄3 cup coconut sugar
1⁄4 tsp fine sea salt
2 cups coconut water or water
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
1⁄2 cup well-stirred coconut milk
2 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
11⁄2 cups blueberries
1⁄3 cup green pumpkin seeds (pepitas) (optional)
In a large bowl, whisk together coconut flour, flax seeds, coconut sugar, salt, coconut water, bananas, coconut milk and vanilla until blended. Let stand for 10 minutes to thicken. Stir in baking powder until well blended. Gently fold in blueberries.
Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle with pepitas (if using). Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until set at the center and golden. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut into servings and serve warm.
Courtesy of “The Complete Coconut Cookbook” by Camilla V Saulsbury, 2014 © www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold. Image credit: Colin Erricson