- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
- Psst. Juicy Juicing Secrets
- Finding peace in nature during the COVID-19 Social Distancing
- 6 Herbs and Foods for Gentle Detox
- How Not to Get Sick This Winter
- Winter Deluge Health Survival
- Looking at CBD for your Dog
- KLIIN Creates a Splash!
- Start a Fitness Journey with Health Conditions
All posts by Doug Cook
- Fuel the Brain
When it comes to health, most people don’t give their brains a second thought. But, what we eat and drink directly influences the structure of our brain and in turn, its function both in terms of mood and cognition. Brain...
- Posted September 2, 2015
- Glutathione: Master Antioxidant and Detoxifier
When it comes to the world of antioxidants, vitamins C and E, or carotenoids like beta-carotene, lycopene and lutein seem to get all the attention. Similarily, foods like kale, broccoli or the nutrient fiber also spring to mind...
- Posted January 19, 2015
- Four Reasons Junk Food Is Fattening
For years, those of us working in the field of nutrition treated all calories as the same when it came to estimating energy needs. A calorie is a calorie we used to say and to our defense...
- Posted December 29, 2014
- Micronutrient Insufficiencies. Why Are We Missing The Mark?
It's well understood and accepted that a healthy diet based on minimally-processed whole foods can help Canadians meet their basic nutrient requirements, as well as, greatly reduce their risk for chronic degenerative disease such as type 2...
- Posted December 19, 2014