- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
- Psst. Juicy Juicing Secrets
- Finding peace in nature during the COVID-19 Social Distancing
- 6 Herbs and Foods for Gentle Detox
- How Not to Get Sick This Winter
- Winter Deluge Health Survival
- Looking at CBD for your Dog
- KLIIN Creates a Splash!
- Start a Fitness Journey with Health Conditions
All posts by
- Vitamin D, to D or Not to D?
Every day it seems like some new study is on the news or being talked about. To make matters worse, each study seems to contradict another. As the saying goes, we can’t lose sight of the forest...
- Posted February 5, 2019
- Cancer Care Full-Circle Prevention and Support
Prevention, early detection, staying well during treatment and managing symptoms are all part of cancer care full-circle. Cancer is not a single disease. There are in fact, more than 200 types of cancer with many possible causes....
- Posted June 10, 2018
- 9 Ways to Tip the Odds Towards Cancer Prevention
The World Health Organization and the American Institute for Cancer Research estimate between sixty-seven and seventy-two percent of all cancer cases are preventable and that prevention offers the most cost-effective, long-term strategy for the control of cancer, as...
- Posted March 11, 2018
- The Search for the Greatest Grains
Health experts far and wide sing the praises of whole grains and with good reason. As nutrient-dense foods, grains are the fruit or seed of an edible cereal. These tiny little packages need to supply a growing...
- Posted December 20, 2017
- Best Food, Brain Boosters
The brain is like any other organ in the body; in order to be functioning at its best, our brains need a steady supply of high-quality nutrition. What we eat and drink has a direct effect on...
- Posted September 2, 2017
- Superfood Blender Recipes
Smoothies are an easy way to help you get the nutrients you need. For sustained energy and balanced nutrition, be sure to include a source of protein (like whey), some fat (avocado or nut butter), and fiber-rich foods such...
- Posted June 21, 2017
- Superfoods for Your Heart
We often take our hearts for granted; a tireless ally, it beats between 105,000 to 115,000 times per day – incredible! But like many things, our heart needs some TLC if we expect it to be there...
- Posted January 29, 2017
- The Art of Aging Gracefully
The art of aging gracefully is a dance which supports the body's functions for vitality, with a glissé of acceptance of change, while learning new twists with an adventurous heart. Aging is a part of life and while we...
- Posted October 24, 2016
- Heart Health Starts in the Kitchen
Recently, a new position statement by the Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation states that up to 80% of cardiovascular disease such as heart disease, stroke and dementia can be largely prevented. The crux of this position is...
- Posted February 1, 2016
- Canadians Living Longer, Living Better
It’s no secret that Canadians are living longer. According to Statistics Canada, life expectancy has steadily increased from 59 years of age for men and 61 for women in the early 1920s to 79 years of age...
- Posted October 22, 2015