- Learn to Cook Healthy & Holistic Food
- Birthday Crepe Cake
- 3 Trendy Summer Salads with Protein
- 5 Causes of Chronic Inflammation and How to Prevent Them
- Be UTI-free with Utiva
- The Easy Way to Grow Your Own Food
- Grow Your Own Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs for the Spring
- How to Grow Sprouts
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
- Psst. Juicy Juicing Secrets
- Finding peace in nature during the COVID-19 Social Distancing
- 6 Herbs and Foods for Gentle Detox
- How Not to Get Sick This Winter
- Winter Deluge Health Survival
13 Ways to Bring Out Your Natural Beauty, Health, and Energy
From turmeric to seaweed, ginger to blueberries: Ancient wellness for the modern woman
She had become trapped in her own body.
As a student, Amy McKelvey – an active young woman who, up to that point, had never experienced breathing problems – was shocked to develop adult asthma. Instead of enjoying her first year of college, she was making anxious trips to the emergency room; instead of exercising, she followed orders and curtailed strenuous activity. Known for always being a high-energy person, she no longer recognized the life she was living.
Her doctor prescribed her an inhaler and steroids, which warded off attacks, but left her feeling jittery and unfocused. Then, something interesting happened: Amy purchased her first herbal book.
Soon, she was going to a new doctor – one who was not only a triathlete, but also an adult asthmatic – and doing her own research. In steroids place came green tea, ginger, and other herbs (to strengthen her lungs), and instead of reducing exercise, she cut out sulfites from her diet and got permission to train. Today, Amy is a marathoner, half marathoner, avid hiker, mother of two children, and an integrative herbalist who devotes her talents to the natural products industry as a consultant for numerous top-selling brands (including recent posts at Andalou Naturals and Ethical Naturals Inc.). Now, she’s launching her own wellness company.
With a focus on supplements for women, her vital way™ has launched. Led by Amy, company CEO (Chief Energizing Officer), her vital way™ provides premium supplements of exceptional integrity at affordable prices.
“Women are some of the hardest working, selfless people on the planet,” says McKelvey. “We push through and we help others along the way, regardless of how much we have to do. Collectively, it’s not enough for us to simply be well or ‘not sick.’ Women deserve energized living.”
Marrying the latest in science with the most respected traditions, the new company aims to be the quality leader in purity and potency, while nurturing the optimized health goals of its community. her vital way™ is launching with a line of 13 supplements, supporting every aspect of a woman’s lifestyle:
- BILBERRY-25™: From the darkly colored European bilberry, standardized to contain 25% Anthocyanins for optimal eye health.
- C-BERRYWELL™: Offers Non-GMO Vitamin C with Polyphenols from whole grape, blueberry, cranberry, blackberry, raspberry and strawberry for antioxidant support.
- Co-Q10: Provides coenzyme energy support to replenish the body’s own healthy CoQ10 levels, essential to every tissue in the body (particularly our hard working hearts).
- CRANBEREX™: An ultra-concentrated, whole fruit extract (200:1) of Oregon cranberries, showcasing an active 15% Proanthocyanidins for a healthy and clear urinary tract.
- FLEXFREE™: A premium joint formula with GreenGrown® Vegetable Source Glucosamine and OptiMSM® designed to support the everyday wear and tear of an actively awesome lifestyle.
- FLEXFREEII™: Offering a uniquely vegan Chondroitin, Glucosamine, and MSM triple action joint support formula for those who like to stay on the move, but in their own groove.
- L-THEANINE: In its purest form as AlphaWave®, an amino acid found in green tea leaves that promotes a state of relaxation without drowsiness, so that you can balance it all.
- MILK THISTLE-80™: Extracted without the use of harsh solvents from the potent seeds of the ‘Lady’s Thistle’ and boasts 80% Silymarin content to cherish your vital liver energy.
- OUR DEFENSE™: With Echinacea extract, Zinc, and Vitamin C, to bring optimized immune support and antioxidant protection to keep you charging ahead with vim and vigor.
- SCHISANDRALA™: From the revered 5-flavor berry to provide adaptogenic support to manage stress, combat fatigue, and revive energy without over stimulation, so that you can change your world.
- STRONG SEA-K™: Offering whole food seaweed calcium, micro-encapsulated K2 (MK-7), and active D3 for premier calcium absorption and promoting good strong bones.
- TURMERZING™: Offering the synergy of Turmeric and Ginger to help keep inflammation at bay while energizing your lymphatic system for wellbeing that goes beyond just well.
- TRULY ACTIVE B™: Featuring activated B12 and Folate for superior absorption and optimal B replacements that are needed each day for healthy energy levels and supporting your brilliantly complex brain and nervous system.
her vital way™ sells directly to customers, bypassing the unnecessary markups that occur in the retail space, and as a company, is committed to changing the invisible danger that undermines the supplement space: Economic Adulteration.
“It’s promising that the supplement industry is growing, but most brands do not demand rigorous and constant adulterant screening,” says Amy. “As a result, popular extracts like Ginkgo, Bilberry, St. John’s, Grape Seed, Pomegranate, and even Turmeric are being spiked with cheaper material or even synthetic chemicals and dyes. We believe in supplements and we also want to lead by example, so we’re educating consumers on the facts, and offering them a real alternative with our independently certified SourcePure™ testing and quality assurance program.
In our modern world, conventional medicine is often essential. It is also experiencing a crisis of conscience, and an overmedication predicament. In response, her vital way™ believes that all complimentary approaches should work in unison to bring not only relief, but restoration; they should not just mask symptoms, but address root causes.
“We want all women to know how they can nurture their health each day in time-honored ways,” says Amy. “Women have thrived throughout history by sharing their stories with one another, handing down remedies and treasure troves of information pertaining to health and happiness. This community approach to wellness is powerful. So we want to inspire women to become their own greatest health advocates, and best health friends. Our company celebrates, science, nutrition, nature, mindfulness, exercise, and community, and we can’t wait to share it with the public.”
As an integrative herbalist, natural products consultant, and marketing professional, Amy McKelvey has a passion for living with purpose and vitality, coupled with deep respect for the human body and nature. Past posts include Andalou Naturals and Ethical Naturals, Inc; she is now the CEO of her vital way. As an herbal practitioner for the past 15 years, Amy’s work is focused solely on women and providing herbal care free of charge to family, friends, and colleagues. Her main mission is to bridge the gap between those who are unfamiliar with or unsure of herbal supplementation and those with practical everyday experience. Amy received her training at the California School of Herbal Studies, and is a member of the Women’s Medicine Collective, American Herbalist Guild, and a mother of two daughters.