- Baked Blueberry Banana Porridge
- The Future of Tech Devices & Healthy Shopping
- Cutting Carbs at Breakfast Can Jumpstart Weight-Loss
- Zesty Blueberry Granola Bars
- Stopping Ticks in Their Tracks
- 100 Beautiful Things
- The Triple Jump of Detoxification
- Pesto Vegetable Quiche
- A Fresh Take on Canada’s Food Guide
- The Top Tips about Dental Treatment You Should Know
- Allergies, Poor Immunity is at the Root
- Oil of Oregano Never Tasted So Good
- Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- The Soothing Scents of Spring
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
Women’s Health: Tips for Moms to Live Longer
(NC)— Heart disease and stroke is a leading cause of death for women in Canada, but most don't know it. The good news is that women can reduce their risk by as much as 80 per cent by making lifestyle changes, says the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
This Mother's Day, here's what mom can do to put herself first and protect her heart to make health last:
• Stay tobacco free or quit smoking—while smoking is an addiction and quitting may be difficult, with help and a plan, it may become easier.
• Exercising: a minimum of three sessions of weight-bearing exercise plus 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous-intensity aerobic activity – in minimum of 10-minute increments – each week.
• Eating right: Seven to eight servings of vegetables and fruit each day, plus limited consumption of sodium and saturated and trans fats, , puts women on the right track.
• Reduce stress by taking the time to relax, unwind and enjoy simple pleasures.
Taking the Know Your Risk quiz online at thehearttruth.ca/quiz will also give her valuable information.
Baked Blueberry Banana Porridge
Despite the newfangled, grain-free combination of ingredients, this baked porridge...
Cedars-Sinai Support Non-Opioid Solutions to Pain Management
As the opioid epidemic continues to claim lives and shatter...
The Future of Tech Devices & Healthy Shopping
The term “mixed reality” refers to both augmented and virtual...
Cutting Carbs at Breakfast Can Jumpstart Weight-Loss
The trendiest diet of 2018 was hands down the ‘Ketogenic...
- Posted June 16, 2019
Zesty Blueberry Granola Bars
Makes 10 Bars Freeze: 2 months Prep Time: 10 minutes...
Stopping Ticks in Their Tracks
Tick season’s about to begin. The highest risk of Lyme...
100 Beautiful Things
Seeing the beauty around us isn’t something we’re usually focused...