- Baked Blueberry Banana Porridge
- The Future of Tech Devices & Healthy Shopping
- Cutting Carbs at Breakfast Can Jumpstart Weight-Loss
- Zesty Blueberry Granola Bars
- Stopping Ticks in Their Tracks
- 100 Beautiful Things
- The Triple Jump of Detoxification
- Pesto Vegetable Quiche
- A Fresh Take on Canada’s Food Guide
- The Top Tips about Dental Treatment You Should Know
- Allergies, Poor Immunity is at the Root
- Oil of Oregano Never Tasted So Good
- Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- The Soothing Scents of Spring
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
Shrimp-Prosciutto, Red Cabbage Cups
Delicate bits of crisp-cooked prosciutto are the magic in these shrimp–stuffed cabbage cups.
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 ounces sliced prosciutto, chopped
1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 small head red cabbage or Bibb lettuce
1) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the prosciutto and cook, stirring, until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the prosciutto with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
2) Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the shrimp and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are almost opaque and the pepper is softened, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are opaque, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the basil and vinegar.
3) Separate the leaves from the cabbage and arrange on a platter. Spoon the shrimp filling into the leaves, top with the prosciutto, and serve.
Excerpted from “The Whole30 Fast & Easy” by Melissa Hartwig. Copyright © by Thirty & Co., LLC. Photography © 2017 by Ghazalle Badiozamani. Published Penguin Canada, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Baked Blueberry Banana Porridge
Despite the newfangled, grain-free combination of ingredients, this baked porridge...
Cedars-Sinai Support Non-Opioid Solutions to Pain Management
As the opioid epidemic continues to claim lives and shatter...
The Future of Tech Devices & Healthy Shopping
The term “mixed reality” refers to both augmented and virtual...
Cutting Carbs at Breakfast Can Jumpstart Weight-Loss
The trendiest diet of 2018 was hands down the ‘Ketogenic...
- Posted June 16, 2019
Zesty Blueberry Granola Bars
Makes 10 Bars Freeze: 2 months Prep Time: 10 minutes...
Stopping Ticks in Their Tracks
Tick season’s about to begin. The highest risk of Lyme...
100 Beautiful Things
Seeing the beauty around us isn’t something we’re usually focused...