- Baked Blueberry Banana Porridge
- The Future of Tech Devices & Healthy Shopping
- Cutting Carbs at Breakfast Can Jumpstart Weight-Loss
- Zesty Blueberry Granola Bars
- Stopping Ticks in Their Tracks
- 100 Beautiful Things
- The Triple Jump of Detoxification
- Pesto Vegetable Quiche
- A Fresh Take on Canada’s Food Guide
- The Top Tips about Dental Treatment You Should Know
- Allergies, Poor Immunity is at the Root
- Oil of Oregano Never Tasted So Good
- Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- The Soothing Scents of Spring
- Top 5 Spring Superfoods
Orecchiette with Turkey and Broccoli
Excerpted from “The School Year Survival Cookbook” by Laura Keogh and Ceri Marsh.
1 lb orecchiette
4 cups small broccoli florets
3 Tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp fennel seeds or fresh thyme
1/2 tsp dried chili flakes (optional)
1 lb ground turkey
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions, about 10 minutes. Set a timer for 2 minutes before the pasta will be done—that’s when you’re going to add the broccoli.
2) Meanwhile, warm the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, fennel seeds and chili flakes (if using) and cook, stirring now and then, for about 3 minutes. Add the turkey and cook, while breaking it up, for another 5 minutes, until the meat is browned and almost cooked through.
3) Add the broccoli to the cooking pasta and cook for 2 minutes. Drain the pasta and broccoli and then add them to the skillet. Toss everything together well. Add the stock and toss more. Taste and add salt and pepper. Serve in a big bowl with Parmesan on top.
Excerpted from “The School Year Survival Cookbook” by Laura Keogh and Ceri Marsh. Copyright © 2017 Sweet Potato Chronicles. Photography copyright © 2017 Maya Visnyei Photography. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Baked Blueberry Banana Porridge
Despite the newfangled, grain-free combination of ingredients, this baked porridge...
Cedars-Sinai Support Non-Opioid Solutions to Pain Management
As the opioid epidemic continues to claim lives and shatter...
The Future of Tech Devices & Healthy Shopping
The term “mixed reality” refers to both augmented and virtual...
Cutting Carbs at Breakfast Can Jumpstart Weight-Loss
The trendiest diet of 2018 was hands down the ‘Ketogenic...
- Posted June 16, 2019
Zesty Blueberry Granola Bars
Makes 10 Bars Freeze: 2 months Prep Time: 10 minutes...
Stopping Ticks in Their Tracks
Tick season’s about to begin. The highest risk of Lyme...
100 Beautiful Things
Seeing the beauty around us isn’t something we’re usually focused...