- Identifying Lingering Balance Issues as a Result of a Brain Injury
- Baked Blueberry Banana Porridge
- The Future of Tech Devices & Healthy Shopping
- Cutting Carbs at Breakfast Can Jumpstart Weight-Loss
- Zesty Blueberry Granola Bars
- Stopping Ticks in Their Tracks
- 100 Beautiful Things
- The Triple Jump of Detoxification
- Pesto Vegetable Quiche
- A Fresh Take on Canada’s Food Guide
- The Top Tips about Dental Treatment You Should Know
- Allergies, Poor Immunity is at the Root
- Oil of Oregano Never Tasted So Good
- Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- The Soothing Scents of Spring
Mixed-Berry Probiotic Blast
Probiotics are the good bacteria in fermented foods like kefir and yogurt. They help to populate your gut with immune-boosting, supportive microorganisms. Adding a prebiotic like oats, a fiber-rich food that probiotic bacteria love, helps your good bacteria thrive.
Makes 2 Servings
1 cup plain kefir 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract 1⁄4 cup large-flake (old-fashioned) rolled oats 1 large frozen banana 2 cups frozen mixed berries
1) Place the kefir, vanilla, oats, banana and berries in the blender. Secure the lid, remove the lid plug and insert the tamper. With the switch on Variable, select speed 1 and turn the machine on.
2) Gradually increase the speed to 10, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades, then flip the switch to High and blend for about 20 seconds or to the desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Frozen berries make the smoothie thicker and more like a milkshake, but if you have fresh ones, go ahead and celebrate the season by using them.
Courtesy of “300 Best Blender Recipes Using Your Vitamix®” by Robin Asbell © 2017 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. Available where books are sold.